Applications are invited from young, independent researchers working in any areas of Science and Engineering who have proven track record of excellence in their respective research area along with a demonstrated passion of Science outreach, promotion, communication and leadership.
- Hold a PhD degree in any discipline of Pure and Applied Sciences and Engineering OR M.S./M.D. in Medical Sciences.
- Be less than 40 years of age as on 31st December 2018 (May be relaxed up to one year for Women applicants who had break in their professional career for personal reasons; Justification needed).
- Be citizens of India, living and working in India at present.
- Hold an academic or research position.
- Provide two Letters of support. The letters can be provided by any of the following
(i) Fellows of any Indian Academy of Science/ Engineering
(ii) Directors/ heads of institutes (present employer)
(iii) Heads/ chairpersons of departments in Universities
Expectations: Each INYAS member is expected to attend the Annual General Meeting of INYAS each year, to actively contribute to INYAS activities and planning of new activities for the promotion of Science and INYAS. Being a Member of INYAS, a minimum time commitment is expected from a member time to time.
New members should be available to attend the next Annual General Meeting, which is scheduled from February 21-22, 2019 in INSA, New Delhi.